To apply for admission, students will need to:
- Fill out the application form.
- Send in all official transcripts (including undergraduate and graduate).
- Request a reference form or recommendation from a supervisor or advisor.
- Professional Goal Essay. Write two to three pages total, including sections on:
- Your professional goals.
- Why you wish to pursue the MPA degree.
- How the MPA degree will help you achieve your goals and address your passions for public issues or policies.
- How your education and professional experiences have prepared you for graduate studies in public administration.
- Why the Dordt U niversity MPA program would be a good fit for you and you would be a good fit for the program.
MATERIALS CAN BE MAILED TO:
Graduate Studies Office
700 7th Street NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
TYPES OF ADMISSION
Students may be admitted under one of the following categories:
Regular Admission is granted to all candidates who have met all the admissions criteria. Additional requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree (GPA of 3.0 or higher) from an accredited institution.
- Completion of an essay on MPA and career goals
- A letter of recommendation addressing the prospective student's suitability for graduate study, especially in public administration.
Registrations are accepted after admission is completed.
TRANSFER OF CREDIT
Students can transfer a total of six semester hours of graduate work with a minimum of a B grade.
Note: Courses older than 10 years at the end of a student's Dordt studies will not be accepted for transfer credit.