To apply for admission, students will need to:
- Fill out the application
- Send in all official transcripts (including undergraduate and graduate)
- Submit information for one reference (academic or professional) on the application
MATERIALS CAN BE MAILED TO:
Graduate Studies Office
700 7th Street NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
TYPES OF ADMISSION
Students may be admitted under one of the following categories:
Regular Admission is granted to all candidates who have met all the admissions criteria. Additional requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree (GPA of 3.0 or higher) from an accredited institution.
- Completion of an essay on MPA and career goals
- A letter of recommendation addressing the prospective student's suitability for graduate study, especially in public administration.
Conditional Admission may be granted to applicants who do not currently meet all the criteria for regular admission.
The student must complete nine semester hours of graduate credit at Dordt University before conditional status is reviewed. The graduate course work GPA must be 3.0 or higher. Other regular admission requirements must be met before conditional admission status can be changed to regular admission status.
Special Admission may be granted to those who do not plan to become candidates for the Master of Public Administration program but wish to participate in one or more graduate courses. Contact the Graduate Studies Office for more details.
Registrations are accepted after admission is completed.
Next Start Date: August 24, 2021
TRANSFER OF CREDIT
Students can transfer a total of six semester hours of graduate work with a minimum of a B grade.
Note: Courses older than 10 years at the end of a student's Dordt studies will not be accepted for transfer credit.