The Educational Technology track consists of 11 courses in a 30 semester hour program that prepares the teacher or administrator to be a competent educational leader in roles involving educational technology. The program provides practical, hands-on learning experiences in teaching and leading in a distinctively Christian manner. Coursework focuses on specific strategies for helping to shape the technology culture of a school and promote staff professional development as well as effective teaching and learning in online and blended classrooms. Courses and a portfolio provide experience in implementing initiatives in technology integration, e-learning design, and emerging technologies.
COURSES OFFERED IN 15-WEEK SEMESTERS AND 8-WEEK SUMMER TERMS
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. COURSES IN educational technology (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer) (includes one week on campus in July)
- EDUC 502 - Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 503a - Interpreting and Applying Educational Research (1.5 credits, fall)
- EDUC 504 - Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 508 - Teaching and Learning with Technology (3 credits, spring)
- EDUC 541 - Technology Integration (3 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 542 - Emerging Technologies (3 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 543 - Online Teaching and Learning (3 credits, spring even)
- EDUC 544 - E-Learning Design (3 credits, summer even)
- EDUC 545 - Portfolio- Educational Technology (1.5 credits, fall, spring, summer)
- EDUC 551 - High Impact Coaching (3 credits, fall even)