Dr. Rebekah Earnshaw
Assistant Professor of Theology
Phone: (712) 722-6332
- Ph.D. St Mary's College, University of St Andrews, Scotland, UK
- M.A. (Theology) Australian College of Theology, Sydney, Australia
- Diploma of Diaconal Studies, Christ College, Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Divinity, Moore Theological College, Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Engineering (Ceramics), University of New South Wales, Australia
Jesus is my Saviour and King. I prize the Word of God and pursue Christian values in all of life and a global context. I find joy in carefully and creatively inspiring, equipping, teaching, and discipling others with respect and humility. I revel in continually and prayerfully growing in my theological thinking by pursuing academic research. I delight in the fellowship of God’s people and serving in many and various ways with people of all ages, backgrounds, and circumstances. I seek to grow in my love, knowledge, and service of God to proclaim Christ in gospel partnership with his people. Soli Deo Gloria.
Areas of Interest
I work in the overlap of systematic and historical theology. My research focuses on the doctrines of Creation, Providence, and God, especially in the thought of John Calvin. I pursue the practice of theology as an exercise in exegetical, dogmatic, and moral reason.
My teaching includes: biblical foundations, history of Christian confessions, contemporary theology, theology of the Reformation, Pentateuch, current issues in mission and evangelism, and serving in the CORE program.