You'll have a better experience on this website using a secure, up-to-date browser. Click here for information and instructions about updating.
Dr. Jason Ho
Assistant Professor of Physics and Engineering
Phone: (712) 722-6858
I'm Jason Ho, an Assistant Professor at Dordt University teaching undergraduate physics and studying the building blocks of matter. A theoretical physicist by trade, I study quarks, gluons, and how they combine to form everything we see around us (as well as particles that perhaps we have yet to find). I love solving problems and coming up with creative solutions, in science, teaching, or everyday life.
When I'm not teaching, programming, or researching, I'm probably in the kitchen tending to some new recipe, fermentation, or culinary experiment. I love good food and good drink of all kinds, and I'm always searching for new tastes and new cuisines.
- PhD in Physics & Engineering Physics, University of Saskatchewan (July 2020)
- MSc in Physics & Engineering Physics, University of Saskatchewan (Nov 2015)
- BScHon in Physics, University of the Fraser Valley (June 2013)
- Universal scale factors relating mesonic fields and quark operators, Amir H. Fariborz, J. Ho, T.G. Steele. Modern Physics Letters A (2020). doi:10.1142/S0217732320501734
- Is the Y(2175) a strangeonium hybrid meson? J. Ho, R. Berg, W. Chen, D. Harnett, T.G. Steele. Phys. Rev. D 100, 034012 (2019). doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.100.034012
- Mass calculations of light quarkonium, exotic JPC=0+- hybrid mesons from Gaussian sum rules, J. Ho, R. Berg, W. Chen, D. Harnett, T.G. Steele. Phys. Rev. D98, 096020 (2018). doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.98.096020
- Masses of open-flavour heavy-light hybrids from QCD sum rules, J. Ho, D. Harnett, T.G. Steele. J. High Energ. Phys. (2017) 2017: 149. doi:10.1007/JHEP05(2017)149
- Mass spectrum of heavy quarkonium hybrids, W. Chen, R.T. Kleiv, T.G. Steele, B. Bulthuis, D. Harnett, J. Ho, T. Richards, Shi-Lin Zhu. J. High Energ. Phys. (2013) 2013:19. doi:10.1007/JHEP09(2013)019
- Remarks on Top-philic Z' Boson Interactions with Nucleons, Frederick S. Sage, Jason N.E. Ho, T.G. Steele, Rainer Dick. arXiv:[hep-ph]/1611.03367
- Molecular dynamics simulations of oil components at geological conditions, Jason Ho, Sarah Reimer, and Noham Weinberg. High Pressure Research, Vol. 29, pp. 587-593 (2009). doi:10.1080/08957950903484410