You'll have a better experience on this website using a secure, up-to-date browser. Click here for information and instructions about updating.
Dr. Brian Hoekstra
Professor of Business Administration
Phone: (712) 722-6348
I am a Servant of God and follower of Jesus, and my favorite Bible verse is Deuteronomy 32:3. My greatest strength is that I am an encourager, my greatest weakness is addressing conflict. I have the Spiritual Gifts of “Encouragement” and “Helps”, and the StrengthsFinder themes of “Harmony” and “Developer” seem to fit. Some people who know me well say that I am humble and kind.
I have been blessed to be married to a godly wife and to have 2 beautiful daughters. My wife is a registered nurse who has a passion for labor and delivery as well as missions. I am so glad I can teach at a Christ centered university where I can share my faith and experiences to help prepare young people to use their God-given talents to serve Him in this world.
Traveling overseas to India, Guatemala, and Liberia has opened my eyes to the many needs people in other countries have. Traveling has also opened my eyes to the embarrassment of riches - and at the same time the extreme levels of poverty - that I simultaneously have.
In my spare time I love coaching and playing volleyball.
North Central University, Prescott Valley, AZ
- Doctor of Education
- Specialization: Global Training and Development, October 2014
University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, SD
- Masters of Business Administration, June 2003
Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, IL
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Concentration in Operations Management, May 1997
DORDT UNIVERSITY, Sioux Center, IA
- Instructor /Assistant / Associate / Professor of Business Administration
NORTHWEST IOWA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Sheldon, IA
- Faculty Member
AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS, Sioux Falls, SD
- Assistant Manager
LE MARS MUTUAL INSURANCE CO., Le Mars, IA
- Claims Representative
Publication / Presentations
- The Relationship between Training and Job Satisfaction for Faculty Members Who Teach Online, Spring 2014
- Growing In Faith Together, Healing, 2013
- Iowa Community College Online Consortium, HTML Tips and Tricks, 2013
- Week of Welcome PrayerWalk, Summer, 2011
- Principals Club Presentation HR Practices, Spring 2011
- Christian Mind on Efficiency, 2010
- Christian Mind on Effectiveness, 2010
- Society of Human Resource Management
- Professional in Human Resource Management (PHR)
- 2011 ICCOC e11 Outstanding Online Instructor Award
- Principles of Management - BUAD 205
- Human Resource Management - BUAD 207
- Strategic Human Resource Management - BUAD 333
- Personal Finance - BUAD 226
- Organizational Behavior - BUAD 335