Fall 2018 Program Dates
Fall semester. Dates TBA.
- Minimum of sophomore status
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In good standing academically and behaviorally
Application deadline: March 1
Acceptance notification: April 1
You must book and cover payment for your own airfare. After you are accepted, you will receive information about required arrival flights and times at Managua's international airport. The SPIN Student Life Coordinator, Hope Hardin, will meet you at the airport and accompany you to the Nehemiah Center for orientation.
Cost Billed to Student
$15,000; subject to change based on the USD/Cordoba exchange rate
This cost includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Program-related excursions
- Transportation from/to the Managua International Airport to city of Leon
- Roundtrip airfare to Managua, Nicaragua
- International Student Identity Card (approx. $22)
- Books and supplies (approx. $150)
- Personal expenses
- Independent travel
You'll live with Nicaraguan host families during the program. Your host family provides most of your meals. If possible, we will send your host family's name and address/email in early August.
After acceptance, a $350 (US) non-refundable deposit secures your place in the program. This deposit will be credited toward the cost of the program.
If you are from a cooperating college, please pay the deposit directly to Dordt College and the balance due for the program through your home school.
Dordt students are eligible for additional cross-cultural program scholarships and should contact the Scholarship Office for details.
If you come from another institution, contact your financial aid officer for available funding.
- Course-related excursions (included in fees)
- Trips to Santa Maria and El Ojoche, Nicaragua, and to Costa Rica (included in fees)
- Other opportunities to travel at your own expense for one week during mid-semester break
After you are accepted, you will receive the SPIN Handbook, which includes travel tips, program policies, and a tentative semester schedule (with scheduled breaks).