Step 1: Obtain approval from your college/university for a semester on an off-campus program:
- Dordt students: Review the checklist on DCC to begin the off-campus internal approval process. See Rebecca Tervo (CA 133) if you have any questions.
- Internal approval deadline for spring off-campus programs is April 1st.
- Students from other colleges/universities:
- Go to your Off-Campus Office or Registrar's Office to request approval for a semester on SPIN.
- Print and complete the Dordt College Off-Campus Programs-Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form and get the required signature and seal.
- Official transcript: Ask for the appropriate request form in your Registrar's Office
Mail these to:
Rebecca Tervo, Coordinator of Off-Campus Programs
498 Fourth Ave. NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250-1606
Step 2: Complete all SPIN application materials:
- SPIN application: Preview the application, collect the required information, write your essay answers, then complete and submit the application online.
- $50 application fee, payable to Dordt College SPIN. This can be submitted directly to the Business Office.
- Recommendation forms: Print two copies of the Recommendation Form; print and sign your name after one of the statements; please submit one professional (faculty or employer) reference and one personal (student services or pastor/church leader) reference. References should be sent directly to the Global Education Office in sealed envelopes.
- Housing form: this form is due with the application materials to assist in the process of selecting host families
All application materials are due to the Global Education Office by December 15, 2017.