Step 1: Obtain approval from your college/university for a semester on an off-campus program:
- Dordt students-See Alexis Kreun (CA 133) for internal approval (pre-application) materials and instructions.
- Students from other colleges/universities:
- Go to your Off-campus Office or Registrar's Office to request approval for a semester on SPIN.
- Print and complete the Dordt College Off-Campus Programs-Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form and get the required signature and seal.
- Official transcript: Ask for the appropriate request form in your Registrar's Office.
Step 2: Complete all SPIN application materials:
- SPIN application: Preview the application, collect the required information, write your essay answers, then complete and submit the application online.
- $50 application fee, payable to Dordt College SPIN.
- Recommendations: Print two copies of the Recommendation Form; print and sign your name after one of the statements; please submit one professional (faculty or employer) reference and one personal (student services or pastor/church leader) reference. References should be sent directly to the Global Education office in sealed envelopes.
- Housing form: Complete and submit this form online (this form is due with the application materials so that the process of selecting host families can begin immediately after students are accepted).
Additional steps for non-Dordt students:
- Dordt College Off-Campus Programs-Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form (only for non-Dordt students)
- Official transcript (or have your Registrar's Office send it)
Mail these to:
Alexis Kreun, Coordinator of Off-Campus Programs
498 Fourth Ave. NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250-1606
All application materials are due March 1, 2018.