spring 2020 Program Dates
January 10 - April 25
- Minimum of sophomore status
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In good standing academically, financially, and behaviorally
Application deadline: October 10
Application acceptance: November 1
You must personally book and cover payment for your own airfare. You will receive more information about booking your flights after you have been accepted to the program. The SPICE program coordinator, Tjalling, will meet you at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and accompany you (by train) to Zwolle.
Cost billed to student
Cost of SPICE will be comparable to the cost of a semester on campus. See Rebecca Tervo for specific cost information.
This cost includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Program-related excursions, including a study trip to Rome
- Transportation from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Zwolle
A $350 non-refundable deposit is due one week after receiving your SPICE acceptance letter and secures your place in the program
Other expenses not included in program cost:
- Roundtrip airfare to the Netherlands
- Personal expenses
- Independent travel
- International Business course surcharge for travel (approx. $350)
- International Travel/Health Insurance (approx. $185)
You'll enjoy living with a Dutch family throughout the program. We'll ask your preferences for type of family setting (e.g. single household, children, etc.) and try to accommodate you if we can. Your host family provides your meals. If possible, we will send your host family's name and address/email in early December.
Housing will not be available before or after the SPICE semester dates.
Dordt students are eligible for additional cross-cultural program scholarships and should contact the Scholarship Office for details.
If you come from another institution, please contact your financial aid officer for available funding.
- Course-related day trips throughout the Netherlands (included in fees)
- Study trip to Rome, Italy (included in fees)
- Opportunities to travel at your own expense: one week during February break, over the long Easter weekend, and a week break at the end of April/early May.
- Travel to Germany and Romania for the International Business Class
After you are accepted, you will receive the SPICE Handbook, which includes travel tips, program policies, and a tentative semester schedule (with scheduled breaks).