spring 2018 Program Dates
TBA (Spring semester only)
- Minimum of sophomore status
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In good standing academically, financially, and behaviorally
Application deadline: October 10
Application acceptance: November 1
You must personally book and cover payment for your own airfare. You will receive more information about booking your flights after you have been accepted to the program. Tjalling, the SPICE program coordinator, will meet you at Schiphol and accompany you (by train) to Zwolle.
$19,570; subject to change based on the Euro/USD exchange rate.
The program fee includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Program-related excursions including a study trip to another country in Europe
- Bicycle for use during the program
- Transportation from Amsterdam Schiphol airport to Zwolle
- Dutch government student/residence visa. Approximately 300 euros (converted to U.S. dollars), billed via the student's college account
- Airfare to the Netherlands
- Books and supplies (approximately $250)
- Personal expenses
- Independent travel (the biggest factor in calculating additional expenses)
- $350 International Business course surcharge for travel
- ISIC card
You'll enjoy living in Dutch homes throughout the program. We'll ask your preferences for type of family setting (e.g. single household, children, etc.) and try to accommodate you if we can. The family provides your meals. If possible, we will send your host family's name and address/email in early December.
Housing will not be available before or after the SPICE semester dates.
After acceptance, the payment for your student visa will function as a non-refundable deposit. This payment must be received one week after receiving your SPICE acceptance letter and it secures your place in the program. Because this amount is used to purchase the student visa, this amount is non-refundable.
If you are from a cooperating college, you pay the deposit directly to Dordt College, and the balance due for the program is paid through your home school.
Dordt students are eligible for additional cross-cultural program scholarships and should contact the Scholarship Office for details.
If you come from another institution, please contact your financial aid officer for available funding.
- Course-related day trips throughout the Netherlands (included in fees)
- Study trip to Rome, Italy (included in fees)
- Opportunities to travel at your own expense: one week during February break, over the long Easter weekend, and a week break at the end of April/early May.
- Travel to Germany and Romania for the International Business Class
After you are accepted, you will receive the SPICE Handbook, which includes travel tips, program policies, and a tentative semester schedule (with scheduled breaks).