spring 2018 Program Dates
January 12 - April 26
- Minimum of sophomore status
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- In good standing academically, financially, and behaviorally
Application deadline: October 10
Application acceptance: November 1
You must personally book and cover payment for your own airfare. You will receive more information about booking your flights after you have been accepted to the program. The SPICE program coordinator, Tjalling, will meet you at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and accompany you (by train) to Zwolle.
Cost billed to student
$20,000; subject to change based on the Euro/USD exchange rate.
This cost includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Program-related excursions, including a study trip to another country in Europe
- Transportation from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Zwolle
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due one week after receiving your SPICE acceptance letter and secures your place in the program
This deposit will cover the following:
- Dutch government student/residence visa
- Books and supplies
- Bicycle use / bus transportation in Zwolle
If you are from a cooperating college, you pay the deposit directly to Dordt College, and the balance due for the program is paid through your home school.
Other expenses not included in program cost:
- Roundtrip airfare to the Netherlands
- Personal expenses
- Independent travel
- International Business course surcharge for travel (approx. $350)
- International Student Identity Card (approx. $22)
You'll enjoy living with a Dutch family throughout the program. We'll ask your preferences for type of family setting (e.g. single household, children, etc.) and try to accommodate you if we can. Your host family provides your meals. If possible, we will send your host family's name and address/email in early December.
Housing will not be available before or after the SPICE semester dates.
Dordt students are eligible for additional cross-cultural program scholarships and should contact the Scholarship Office for details.
If you come from another institution, please contact your financial aid officer for available funding.
- Course-related day trips throughout the Netherlands (included in fees)
- Study trip to Rome, Italy (included in fees)
- Opportunities to travel at your own expense: one week during February break, over the long Easter weekend, and a week break at the end of April/early May.
- Travel to Germany and Romania for the International Business Class
After you are accepted, you will receive the SPICE Handbook, which includes travel tips, program policies, and a tentative semester schedule (with scheduled breaks).