Step 1: Obtain approval from your college/university for a semester on an off-campus program:
- Dordt students: Review the checklist on DCC to begin the off-campus internal approval process. See Rebecca Tervo (CA 133) if you have any questions.
- Internal approval deadline for spring off-campus programs is April 1st.
- Students from other colleges/universities: Go to your off-campus office or Registrar's Office to request approval for a semester on SPICE.
Step 2: Complete all SPICE application materials. All application materials are due by October 16, 2017.
- SPICE application: Preview the application, collect the required information, write your essay answers, then complete and submit the application online.
- $50 application fee, payable to Dordt College SPICE.
- Recommendation form: Print three copies of the Recommendation Form, print and sign your name after one of the statements, and give to two faculty members and one student services member, pastor, or employer to complete.
- Housing form: Complete and submit this form online (this form is due with the application materials so that the process of selecting host families can begin immediately after students are accepted).
Mail or hand these to:
Rebecca Tervo, Coordinator of Off-Campus Programs
498 Fourth Ave. NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250-1606
Step 3: Interview with VIAA Representatives in October and attend mandatory SPICE informational session.
Additional Steps for Non-Dordt students:
- Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form (only for non-Dordt students)
- Official transcript: Ask for the appropriate request form in your Registrar's Office.