The Kielstra Center for Research and Grants is a multidisciplinary research and scholarship incubator that seeks to expand faculty and student perspectives and competencies across disciplines. The Kielstra Center provides opportunities for enhancing faculty scholarship and expanding undergraduate research.
In keeping with the mission of Dordt University "to equip students, alumni, and the broader community to work toward Christ-centered renewal in all aspects of contemporary life," the Kielstra Center for Research and Grants seeks to provide faculty with expanded resources for innovative scholarly activities rooted in a deeply reformed Christian context. These activities prepare faculty for opportunities of discovery, teaching, learning, application, and integrated research.
- Build a network of enthusiastic scholars and resource partners among Dordt University faculty, constituent stakeholders, and beyond.
- Establish structured undergraduate mentorship and apprenticeship opportunities that are directly linked to the university's curriculum.
- Foster continued excitement and cultivate a rigorous environment around research and scholarship within the university's curriculum.
- Prepare students for a lifetime of creative thinking via a research incubator.
- Expand the university's exploration of integral reformed thought and learning practices through faculty-led research projects.
- Provide faculty resources and training within the regional, national, and international community to engage in innovative research practices.
Guide faculty, students, and alumni in the process of grant writing for scholarly projects.
- Faculty Scholarship
- Student Undergraduate Research
- Grant Resources