Awards of Distinction
- Wall Street Journal. The WSJ ranked Dordt No. 1 in the nation for student engagement six years in a row. According to the rankings, decades of research has found that the best way to truly understand teaching quality at an institution – how well it manages to inform, inspire and challenge students – is through capturing what is known as “student engagement."
- U.S. News and World Report. According to the 2022 rankings, Dordt is the fifth best regional college in the Midwest. Dordt also ranked number one for "Best Undergraduate Teaching (Regional Colleges Midwest)".
- Money Magazine. Dordt was named to the list of Best Colleges for Your Money. The ranking highlights an institution's value and affordability.
- Forbes.com. Dordt is named one of America’s Best Colleges. Dordt is recognized for providing a quality education at an affordable price.
- Princeton Review. Dordt is on its Best Colleges in the Midwest list.
- Washington Monthly. Dordt University was ranked ninth by Washington Monthly on their “2021 Bachelor’s Colleges Ranking” and ninth on their “2021 Best Bang for the Buck Midwest” ranking.
- According to the Dordt Career Development Center data, 99.2% of the class of 2020 were employed or enrolled in graduate school within 6 months of graduation. 89% report their job is related to their major.
- Dordt offers many programs that are unusual for a private comprehensive college of its size. Dordt is among a small handful of institutions offering both agriculture and engineering programs. Dordt has accredited programs in education, engineering, nursing, and social work.
- Dordt engineering and nursing graduates have earned stellar pass rates on their professional licensing exams, exceeding national averages and, on the engineering test, surpassing results from the nation’s most prestigious engineering schools.
- A long-standing cross-cultural requirement means that the world is our classroom. Many students take advantage of the opportunity to participate in off-campus programs or to learn in another cultural context. We maintain academic relationships with institutions in Korea, the Netherlands, and Zambia.