Each student at Dordt College is here at this time and place following God's call in their life to study, research, compete, create, experience, and actively engage in the kingdom. Each annual gift plays a vital role in accomplishing his plans and purposes in the life of each and every student.
Annual giving is comprised of three campaigns that run consecutively during the academic year.
The Dordt College Fund is comprised of unrestricted contributions made to Dordt College on an annual basis. These unrestricted dollars from alumni, parents, friends, and fans are a vital part of the college’s operating budget. Gifts are put to immediate use in order to provide students with financial aid, cultivate academic and research opportunities, and support co-curricular programs and experiences. Each gift to the Dordt College Fund ensures a student a unique Christ-centered academic and spiritual journey.
Gifts to the Alumni Scholarship Drive support the Alumni Association Regional Scholarship Program. Each year, the Alumni Association seeks to increase the number of scholarships offered in order to allow even greater assistance to students in need of financial aid. The Alumni Scholarship Drive currently funds 40 $1,000 scholarships to prospective students and three $2,000 scholarships to upperclassmen in 15 different regions of North America.
The Alumni Scholarship Drive also serves to support undergraduate summer research projects. Providing students the opportunity to work collaboratively with Dordt College faculty in numerous fields and research areas.
The Spring Renewal Drive is an annual campaign which ensures that facility improvements and long-term infrastructure costs are not included in students’ tuition. Gifts to the Spring Renewal Drive allow for continual infrastructure improvements, academic facility maintenance, and ensure long-term debt reduction.
Gifts to each campaign are received in the following ways:
- Leadership Support Program. Gifts totaling $1,000 or more are contributed annually by over 400 members.
- Student Phonathon. Student callers contact more than 15,000 constituents throughout the academic year.
- Direct Mail. Timely publications ensure that the Dordt College community is continually aware of news and events.
- Online Contributions. Gifts can be made securely online.
- Matching Gifts. More than 45 companies and organizations in both the United States and Canada match employee made contributions to Dordt College.
- Church Offerings. Churches from more than 10 denominations financially support Dordt College.