The information on the page was posted during a 2011-12 search for a president of Dordt College. On April 20, 2012, the Board of Trustees named Dr. Erik Hoekstra the fourth president of Dordt College.
The first Search Committee meeting was held the third week of June. Throughout the summer, the committees worked on refining the Presidential Profile and establishing desired leadership criteria.
The Presidential Search Committee spent early fall 2011 working on candidate search and development, and candidates will be considered and reviewed between October and January.
Search team interviews with candidates will begin as early as January, and a president will be named and announced in late April, with inauguration to take place in the fall of 2012.
Search Process by Phases
- Review Search Process Materials
- Plan Process
- Name Search Team
- Initiate Search
- Establish Advisory Team
- Initial Meeting
- refine Opportunity Profile
- Establish Desired Leadership Criteria
- Candidate search and development
- Candidate pool developed
- qualification of candidates reviewed
- Search team interviews with candidates
- Candidate developed
- Contract developed
- Candidate interviewed by Board
- President named and announced
- Planning for Presidential Transition
|A.||Executive Committee Meeting|
|B.||Executive Committee Meeting|
|D.||Executive Committee Meeting|
|E.||Executive Committee Meeting|
|G.||Board Meeting / Parents' Weekend|