- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Enrichment Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Center for Economic Education
- Church Relations
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt College presents April 27 Instrumental Ensembles Concert
April 20, 2012
Dordt College presents an Instrumental Ensembles Concert on Friday, April 27, at 7:30 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium. Campus-Community Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, and a Chamber Winds ensemble will perform in this final band concert of the semester. In addition, retiring professor of music Dr. Karen De Mol will be honored at a reception following the concert.
The Campus-Community Band, an ensemble consisting of both Dordt College students and exceptional musicians from the community, will perform works by Lipton, Giroux, Strommen, as well as Cajun Folk Songs by Ticheli.
The Concert Band will perform pieces by Stamp, Ito, Ewazen, and the powerful “March to the Scaffold” from Symphonie Fantastique by Berlioz.
The Chamber Winds will perform Mendelssohn’s Overture in C Major, Op. 24. Winds ensembles are directed by Bradley Miedema.
The Jazz Band will present a variety of big band-style songs. The ensemble is led by Scott Olson.
The concert is free, and a freewill offering will be received.
- Calendar of Events
- revealWeek of Welcome
- reveal50th Class Reunion
- revealAg Summit 2015
- Business as Mission
- revealChristian Community Development Iowa
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt College Math Challenge
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealIowa Conference on Presidential Politics
- Math on the Northern Plains
- Math Teachers' Circle
- Middle School Math Bees
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars
- Tour of Africa