- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Center for Economic Education
- Church Relations
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt College presents March 2 Instrumental Ensembles Concert
February 29, 2012
Dordt College presents an Instrumental Ensembles Concert on Friday, March 2, at 7:30 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium. Bands include the Campus-Community Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, and a small Chamber Winds ensemble.
The Campus-Community Band, an ensemble consisting of both Dordt College students and exceptional musicians from the community, will perform works by Vaughan Williams, Spittal, Van der Roost, Del Tredici, as well as the “Colossus of Columbia” march by Alexander.
The Concert Band will perform pieces by Nelson and Boysen, and the “Suite of Old American Dances” by Bennett.
The Chamber Winds will perform Mendelssohn’s “Overture in C Major, op. 24.” The Campus-Community Band, Concert Band, and the Chamber Winds ensembles are directed by Bradley Miedema.
The Jazz Band will present a variety of big band-style songs. The ensemble is led by Scott Olson.
The concert is free, and a freewill offering will be received.
- Calendar of Events
- revealWeek of Welcome
- revealAg Summit 2015
- Business as Mission
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt College Math Challenge
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealIowa Conference on Presidential Politics
- Math on the Northern Plains
- Math Teachers' Circle
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars
- Tour of Africa