- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Enrichment Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Center for Economic Education
- Church Relations
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt College Concert Bands and Chamber Orchestra to perform
April 21, 2011
On Friday, April 29, the Chamber Orchestra, Campus-Community Band, and Concert Band will present their final concert of the academic year. The concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium under the direction of Bradley Miedema.
The Campus-Community Band will perform works by Jaime Texidor, Samuel R. Hazo, and Jan de Haan.
The Chamber Orchestra will perform works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Leroy Anderson, and Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni. Albinoni’s piece, Adagio in G Minor for Strings and Organ will feature Dordt College junior Brian De Young on the organ.
The Concert Band will conclude the evening performing works by Johann Sebastian Bach, Frank Ticheli, and Wilhelm Zehle.
A free-will offering will be taken to support music scholarships.
Dordt College has approximately 300 U.S. and international students who participate in the music program, with opportunities to perform in four choral groups, two orchestras, and three bands. Music scholarships are available to qualified students.
- Calendar of Events
- revealWeek of Welcome
- reveal50th Class Reunion
- revealAg Summit 2015
- Business as Mission
- revealChristian Community Development Iowa
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt College Math Challenge
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealIowa Conference on Presidential Politics
- Math on the Northern Plains
- Math Teachers' Circle
- Middle School Math Bees
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars
- Tour of Africa