NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Register now for Day of Encouragement
January 6, 2010
Day of Encouragement, a day to inspire, encourage, and equip God’s people for ministry will be held Saturday, Feb. 6, at Dordt College in Sioux Center.
This opportunity is for anyone who wants to rekindle their excitement in ministry or further develop spiritual gifts. Twenty-seven workshops for elders, pastors, care givers, deacons, youth leaders, and church members will be offered. This event is sponsored by Dordt College with contributions from supporting Christian Reformed and Reformed Churches.
The keynote speaker is Rev. Ron Nydam, Professor of Pastoral Care at Calvin Theological Seminary. His topic will be “The Blessings of Self-Denial in an age of Narcissism,” in which he encourages today’s churches to swim against the cultural tide of seeking self-fulfillment at the expense of others.
Local churches were sent brochures, with a discount offered for group registrations. More information is also available from Wes Fopma (722-6028). Deadline for registration is February 1, with discounts for early bird registration by January 24.
• Dallas Apol and Gianni Gracia: Hispanics in Our Churches
• Aaron and Nicole Baart: Teenagers and Sex
• Karen De Mol and Jason Lief: The Psalms in Life and Liturgy
• Rick Droog: Deaconing 101: Called to Serve
• Dale Ellens: Dealing with Conflict: Part 1 and Part 2
• Kathy Gerdes: Successful Decision Making Through the Journey of Aging
• Rod Gorter: Elders — Practical Ideas to Effectively Shepherd God’s Flock Today; and Improving Spiritual Breathing in Christ’s Body — Prayer
• Lance Griess: A Community Youth Group
• Paul Hansen: Called, Ordained, Installed and In Over My Head?
• Calvin Hoogendoorn: Understanding, Developing and Leading Staff Ministry
• Lois Hoogeveen: Living Your Strengths
• Rosemari Kroll: Kids’ Prayer Club—Developing Young Prayer Warriors in Your Church
• Hubert Krygsman: Islam and Christianity: How do we Compare and Respond as Christians?
• Aldon Kuiper: Hope for Grieving Parents in the Loss of a Child
• Larry Meyer: Rural Church Revitalization
• Justin Schrock: Understanding the Junior High Ministry Animal
• Tanner Smith: Herding Cats: Beginning or Reorganizing a Middle School Ministry
• Tom Smith: Second Campus Outreach Ministries
• Mindy Van Beek: Build it and They will Come
• Lucas Vander Leest: How to Help Hurting Teens
• B.J. Van Kalsbeek: Supporting the Seriously Ill
• Cecil Van Niejenhuis: Conversations We Want to Have but Don’t Know How to Start
• Deb Vogel: Christian Contemporary Music 101
• Tom Wolthuis: Pilgrimage: Walking with God