NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt Psychology Student Research Conference
December 3, 2009
The 13th annual Dordt College Psychology Student Research Conference will be held Wednesday, Dec. 9, 3:30-5 p.m., in the Campus Center’s Eckardt Lounge. The public is invited to attend.
Presenters are psychology majors who have designed original experiments, collected and analyzed data, and compiled their findings. The students are in the experimental psychology course taught by Dr. Sherri Lantinga.
Their PowerPoint presentations are:
• “Effects of Social Anxiety on Caffeine Consumption” by Krystle Van der Waal (Boyden, IA);
• “Effects of Cognitive Dissonance and Priming on Volunteering” by Devin Van't Hof (Sioux Center, IA);
• “Effects of Positive Comparisons with Celebrities on Body Esteem” by Laura Broekhuis (Sioux Center, IA) and Kristi Ouwinga (Byron Center, MI);
• “Effect of Upward Social Comparison on Running Speed,” by Joel Vander Leek (Vernon, BC);
• “Effect of Ostracism on Ratings of Attraction” by Hillary Marra (Sioux Center, IA);
• “The Bridge: Field Experience Reflections,” by Megan Pothoven (Kellogg, IA).