- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Computer Services
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt College bands to present Dec. 9 concert
December 4, 2008
The Dordt College Jazz Band and the Campus-Community Band will present a concert Tuesday, Dec. 9, at 7:30 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium.
The Campus-Community Band, directed by Bradley Miedema, will open the concert with “Christmas Carillon” by James Curnow. Also on the program are “English Folk Song Suite” by Ralph Vaughan Williams; “The Liberty Bell March” by John Philip Sousa; and a setting of “Greensleeves” by Alfred Reed.
The big band sounds of Dordt’s Jazz Band, directed by Scott Olson, will complete the program. The Jazz Band will play a variety of tunes ranging from swing to ballads, including a special Christmas arrangement of "Sleigh Ride." Featured performers will be Lynn Price on sax, and Jamin Hubner on drums.
A freewill offering will be received to benefit music scholarships at Dordt College.
- Calendar of Events
- revealCivil War Learning Vacation
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealGreat Plains Math League High School Competition
- revealMedia Camp
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps