NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt Engineering students show senior projects
April 25, 2008
The Dordt College Engineering Department invites the public to presentations of senior design projects on Wednesday, May 7, at 7:30 p.m. in the Science Building Lecture Hall SB-101.
Five projects will be demonstrated. They are:
• Observatory Roof Automation project designed by Andy Schroedermeier, Sioux Falls, SD, and Jesse Van Essen, Sioux Center. Sponsored by Dordt College, and presented at 7:35 p.m.
• Sorghum to Fuel Ethanol Fermentation System designed by David Ellerie, Cedar Rapids, IA; Peter Hondred, Sioux Center, IA; Ben Lehman, Baldwin, WI; Andy Olthoff, Sioux Center, IA. Sponsored by Dordt College, Vermeer Manufacturing, and the Iowa Energy Center. Presented at 7:50 p.m.
• Fuel Ethanol Distillation System, designed by Josh Groen, Sioux Center, IA; Dan Steenbergen, Red Deer, AB; Nathan Toenies, Randall, MN; Daryl Visser, Burlington, WA. Sponsored by Dordt College, Vermeer Manufacturing, and the Iowa Energy Center. Presented at 8:05 p.m.
• Auditorium Microphone Positioning System designed by Scott Elders, Grandville, MI; and Brandon Wipf, Hitchcock, SD. Sponsored by Dordt College, and presented at 8:40 p.m.
• “Teach a Man to Fish” Aquaponics System, designed by Amanda Arkema, Pella, IA; Luke Herron, Anton, CO; Sarah Schaap, South Holland, IL; Joel Sikkema, Ridgetown, ON; and Jeremy Westra, Mount Vernon, WA. Sponsored by Dordt College and Northwestern College of Orange City, IA.
Projects from previous years may also be seen online.
Dordt College's fully accredited engineering program offers emphases in mechanical, electrical, civil-environmental, computer, and biomedical engineering. The program has an enrollment of nearly 100 students and has a perfect pass rate on the nationally administered FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam among students who have taken it their senior year.
Media Access: Download Word Version