NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Register now for Day of Encouragement
January 9, 2008
A day to inspire, encourage, and equip God’s people for ministry will be held Saturday, Feb. 9, at Dordt College in Sioux Center.
This opportunity is for anyone who wants to rekindle their excitement in ministry or further develop spiritual gifts. Twenty-two presenters will lead breakout sessions that deal with ministry basics, spirituality, leadership skills, outreach, and service. Topics include improving your prayer life, sharing your faith, helping hurting teens, parish nurses, short term missions, dealing with conflict, and marriage, to name just a few.
The keynote speaker is Paul Mpindi from the Back to God Hour, whose topic will be, “Why Our Christianity Lacks Power.”
Local churches were sent brochures, with a discount offered for group registrations. More information is also available from Wes Fopma (722-6028) or online. Deadline for registration is January 30, with discounts for early bird registration by January 23.
Breakout Session presenters and topics:
• Rod Gorter: Being Elders and Deacons; and Spiritual Breathing through Prayer
• Dan Vander Ark: God and Teenagers; and Teaching Children to Love the Lord
• Lucas Vander Leest: How To Help Hurting Teens
• Dawn Ryswyk, Troy Kooima, & Nancy Van Surksum: Dynamic Youth Ministries
• Jeff Sajdak: Soulcare for Pastors
• Allan Kramer: The Church and How It Can Minister To Single Adults
• Tom Wolthuis: Twelve Steps in Reading Scripture
• Dale Ellens: Dealing with Conflict
• Stanton Visser: Countercultural Marriage: Love, Honor, and Cherish
• Karen De Mol & Jason Lief: Keeping the Lord's Supper Fresh and Faithful
• Jason Lief: Prophetic Youth Ministry: Helping our Youth To "See Rightly"
• Deb Vogel, Sharon Visser: Worship Planning Part I and II
• Carl Bruxvoort: Ministering To and with Immigrant and Refugee People
• Ruth Daumer: Parish Nurse and Whole Person Health
• Leon Pannkuk: Share Your Faith Workshop
• Steve Van Zanen: Short Term Missions and The Global Church
• Lois Hoogeveen: Turning Small Groups Inside Out and Small Group Q & A
• Terry Hubers & Stan Wynia: Walking the Talk with Partners in Nicaragua
• Christian Reformed Home Missions Team: What's Being Served