- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Computer Services
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Suk to speak on Christian education Feb. 9
February 2, 2007
John Suk, president of the Institute for Christian Studies, will speak at Dordt College on Friday, Feb. 9, 7:30 p.m., in Science Building Lecture Hall S101.
Titled, “Christian Education from the Areopagus to the Modern University,” this lecture is free and open to the public.
Suk will discuss the relevance of offering Christian education that is also compassionate and wise. He makes his case with the story of Jesus feeding the crowds, and Paul’s sermon at the Areopagus.
While both stories underline the importance of instruction, the story of the feeding underlines compassion as an important motivation for teaching.
- Calendar of Events
- revealCivil War Learning Vacation
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealGreat Plains Math League High School Competition
- revealMedia Camp
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps