NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Psychology conference at Dordt College
November 29, 2006
The 10th annual Psychology Student Research Conference will be held Wednesday, Dec. 13, 3:30-5 p.m. in the Eckardt Lounge on the campus of Dordt College.
Presenters at the conference are psychology majors who have designed an original experiment, collected and analyzed data, and written a professional paper. They will present their findings to the campus community.
This year’s presenters and their research projects are as follow:
• Bradley Redeker (Waupun, WI) and Lisa Sakuma (Bow, WA): The effects of advertising on children’s cereal consumption.
• Reid LePage (Tucson, AZ) and Steven Koning (Jerome, ID): The effects of cell phone interruptions on memory.
• Andrew Geleynse (Sioux Center) and Brent VanderWerff (Sanborn): The effect of swimming on reading comprehension.
• Kendra Triemstra (Bozeman, MT) and Mallory Ooms (DeMotte, IN): The effect of a puppy on mood.
• Roshelle Doornbos (Sioux Center) and Lynnea Vis (Smithers, B.C.): The influence of color background on the Stroop task.
• Nathan DeGraaf (Leighton, IA), Nathan Otten (Sheboygan, WI), and Shannon Huitsing (Edmonton, AB): The effects of social environment on perceptions of attraction.
The public is invited to attend the student presentations in Eckardt Lounge, which is located in the Dordt College Campus Center.