- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Computer Services
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Bakker earns Vander Stelt essay award
October 28, 2004Evertt Baker, a junior from Tucson, AZ, was recently presented with a $250 cash award for his entry in the 2004 John C. Vander Stelt Essay Competition in Theology and Philosophy.
Honorable mention in the essay contest was given to Stephen De Wit, a senior from Sioux Center.
The contest is open to all Dordt College full-time students and is named after long-time theology and philosophy professor Dr. John C. Vander Stelt. The competition was set up at his retirement with an endowment fund honoring Vander Steltís work. Its goal is to encourage student essays that develop a Reformed Christian perspective on a range of issues.
Each year a new topic is chosen by members of the theology and philosophy departments.
Media Access: Download Word Version
- Calendar of Events
- revealCivil War Learning Vacation
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealGreat Plains Math League High School Competition
- revealMedia Camp
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps