- The teacher education program is the largest student-enrolled program on campus.
- Whether you intend to teach in a Christian school or a public school, our education program will give you a foundation for teaching Christianly through a healthy balance of class work and practical experience.
- In our bachelor's degree programs, you'll spend a minimum of 80 hours in classrooms prior to student teaching.
- In addition to the major, students may select other sets of courses that provide teaching endorsements as defined by the State of Iowa licensure codes.
- Dordt's Teacher Education Program offers a wide variety of endorsement (teaching license) options in which you select a major program to fit your interests and goals.
- During your senior year, you'll complete a 14-week student-teaching experience in a cooperating school with a carefully selected mentor teacher. Student teaching assignments are typically given in more than one grade level or discipline in order to broaden the teaching experience and help you meet the requirements of various endorsement options.
The academic requirements for completing fields of endorsement programs are listed course by course in the catalog.