Biotechnology intersects with several majors. In our innovative interdisciplinary program, you choose one of five emphases.
- The agriculture emphasis will give you foundational training for working in agricultural applications.
- The molecular biology and biotechnology emphasis provides you with background and training in laboratory techniques that are used in biotechnology.
- The business emphasis anticipates the needs of a growing biotechnology industry that needs employees who have been trained to handle management and marketing, and who also understand the special challenges and dangers in this scientific field.
- The computer science/bioinformatics emphasis introduces you to biological systems and helps you become proficient in both computer information systems and mathematics as you prepare to work in the field of bioinformatics.
- The engineering biomedical emphasis will prepare you to work as an engineer in a biotechnology-related field.
Internships at local biotechnology firms and molecular biology laboratories are also available to a limited number of students.