STUDIES PROGRAM IN CONTEMPORARY EUROPE (SPICE)
Step 1: Obtain approval from your college/university for a semester on an off-campus program:
- Dordt students—See Linda Schroedermeier (CA 133) for pre-application materials and instructions.
- Students from other colleges/universities:
- Go to your Off-Campus Office or Registrar's Office to request approval for a semester on SPICE.
- Print and complete the Dordt College Off-Campus Programs—Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form and get the required signature and seal.
Step 2: Complete all SPICE Application materials:
- SPICE application: Preview the application, collect the required information, write your essay answers, then complete and submit the application online.
- Official transcript: Ask for the appropriate request form in your Registrar's Office.
- $50 application fee, payable to Dordt College SPICE.
- Recommendations: Print 3 copies of the Recommendation Form, print and sign your name after one of the statements, give to two faculty members and one Student Services member, pastor, or employer to complete.
- Housing form: Complete and submit this form online (this form is due with the application materials so that the process of selecting host families can begin immediately after students are accepted).
Step 3: Mail your application materials:
- Dordt College Off-Campus Programs—Institutional Visitor Enrollment Form (only for non-Dordt students)
- Official transcript (or have your Registrar's Office send it)
- $50 application fee
- 2 passport-size photos (or email them to Linda.Schroedermeier@dordt.edu)
- 3 recommendations (or have the faculty/student services members mail them)
Mail these to:
Linda Schroedermeier, Coordinator of Off-Campus Programs
498 Fourth Ave. NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250-1606
All application materials are due by October 10, 2012.